August 6, 2013 § Leave a Comment
Here at Fanuli we pride ourselves at being at the forefront of stunning italian furniture design, so its important to us to continually be on the look out for the latest designer furniture trends – regardless of whether you are looking for that perfect designer furniture bedroom ensemble, designer dining chair, or even just designer furniture occasionals to complete your living design space look.
Below are our pick of the latest arrivals to take up residence in the Fanuli designer furniture store showroom:
This beautiful designer lounge chair is framed by solid wood in a number of variations. Both beautiful and comfortable, it also features quality foam polyurethane cushioning and versatile upholstery in your choice of removable fabric or leather.
Have you been searching for the perfect wall cabinet to complement your existing lounge room ensemble? Look no further – we have the designer wall cabinet for you. Created by esteemed italian furniture designer Antonio Citterio, the Infinity shelving system is built using epoxy-powder-coated metal boxes combined with natural cowhide drawers which can be arranged in any formation to suit your storage requirements.
The perfect marriage of metal and stone, this elegant designer coffee table comes in a variety of finishes including satin, chrome or burnished metal. The collection of ‘Fly’ products are versatile, with a range of size options to suit any design living space.
There is nothing more important than getting a great nights sleep – and with this stunning designer furniture bedroom piece by Antonio Citterio, you can be guaranteed you’ll never spend another night tossing and turning again! Sturdily built with a solid wood frame, and then padded with polyurethane & upholstered, this contemporary bed is a showcase must-have piece for any buddy designer furniture aficionado.
Do you love minimalist designer furniture? Then the ‘Charlie’ contemporary coffee table is definitely the piece for you. Displaying the very best in italian design, this clean, practical yet stunning designer coffee table is available in a range of finishes including tobacco oak, matt or gloss lacquer and can be bought either individually or grouped together to form an attractive centerpiece for your lounge room.
Many of our Fanuli customers want to invest in contemporary coffee tables, but the new trend of apartment living now means that space is at a premium. If this sounds like you, then the ‘Prive’ table offers the perfect solution – this stunning imported italian designer furniture item cleverly combines storage with contemporary design. Its open compartments provide ample storage opportunity and does not damage its aesthetic modern feel.
Last but by no means least, we love the ‘Aleph’ contemporary wall cabinet by Lievore Altherr Molina. This modular bookcase is perfect for any home or office space and comes in your choice of tobacco timber or matt lacquer finishes.
May 19, 2013 § Leave a Comment
In our previous blog ‘Top designer furniture trends hot from Milan 2013 (Part 1)’ we brought you the latest style and finishing trends in designer furniture, hot from the 2013 Milan Furniture fair. In this, our second blog (in our special 3-part series about the fair), we give you 7 key trends to look out for, and the must-have designer furniture pieces to buy this year:
This yearm, we saw a big trend towards designer wardrobes with panel section doors combining acid glass, satin & gloss lacquers. In particular, we loved the Jesse Plurimo contemporary wardrobe designed by Decama Design with its side panel replaced by a sleek steel frame in black, allowing viewers to see through the entire wardrobe when the doors are opened.
Continuing with the current popular trend in fabric and leather upholstered beds, we saw a twist with new, embellished stitching to add contrast. Our favourite? Jesse Furnitures ‘Lanuit’, whose soft fabric bed heads were complemented with combining natural coloured lacquers or terme timber bedside drawers on one side and a table on the other side.
Solid feature materials such as marble, leather, walnut, and natural oak timber were very popular this year. In particular, timber mixed with raw materials proved a key trend – for example, acid glass combined with like colored lacquers; and oak mixed with metal. We also saw an innovative new designer dining table material introduced called ‘Nano tech’ which is black in color & does not show finger marks – perfect for everyday family use! We love the new Flexform Clarke contemporary dining table:
4. Designer dining chairs – Full upholstery took precedence this year, with comfort being high on the list of priorities. Contemporary dining chairs in casual designs showcasing natural timbers & fabrics were very popular. We saw new moulded materials used to create and emphasis organic shapes and comfort, as well as woven leather chairs on black chrome. Our top pick? Flexforms Isabel chair in leather
5. Designer contemporary sofa lounges- This year, casual was king! We saw designer contemporary sofas with sectional options and relaxed foam & feather fills. Softer look cushions were used to enhance the square arms, as well as contrasting natural linens & loose covers, all combining to give a comfortable and relaxed look. Our favorite was Flexforms ‘Pleasure & Pleasure Up’ contemporary sofa:
6. Designer Wall Cabinets – We saw floating off the floor looks & angled floor-standing bookcases combined with natural timbers & highlight lacquers in terme, walnut, metal and satin, proving depth of character and a smart yet casual look. The big emphasis was on value for money, with sculptural wall mounted bookcases including clever storage solutions a big hit with viewers. We loved the Jesse Aleph bookcase:
7. Coffee tables / Designer Occasionals: Continuing with the overall theme of organic shapes, we saw clustered side tables – grouping by large and small items at various heights. Designer table tops in black chrome were accentuated with marble tops or pastel polyurethane colors We loved Flexforms Double Tables:
Don’t forget to look out for our final installment in our special Milan blog series next week: ‘Milan Furniture Fair – hot colors & contemporary designer lighting must-have’s (Part 3)
January 1, 2013 § 1 Comment
Well it’s that time of year again – the time to dust off your old notebook, check off any completed resolutions from the year just past… and to get your thinking cap on to start a new list! This time last year, did you make any grand home renovation plans? Perhaps you were filled with inspiration and ambition to buy that beautiful piece of designer furniture you’ve had your eye on for months, or redo that living design space which seems to be stuck in an eighties time warp?
Like many enthusiastic (yet time poor) home owners, you’d be forgiven for having time run away with you – not to worry, this year can be different. A brand new year, filled with endless possibilities, and the chance to improve your home once and for all! To help get you started, here are our top 5 home improvement resolutions for 2013:
- Invest in a quality contemporary designer sofa
If your home is your castle, then your lounge room could easily be likened to its beating heart – used as a place for relaxation, family time, and often as a make-shift dining room, the lounge room should be at the top of anyone’s home improvement list, since its also the area likely to get the most daily foot traffic. What better way to enhance your living design space then, by investing in a luxurious new contemporary designer sofa to enhance this area? If your current sofa is falling to bits, come visit the Fanuli designer furniture store Sydney and view our array of beautiful designer sofas to suit any tastes. Our personal favourite? The stunning ‘Groundpeice‘ contemporary designer sofa by Antonio Citterio:
- Double the value of your home by freshening up your outdoor living space
Regardless of whether you plan to sell in the near future, or just want to ensure a great return on investment years down the track, overseeing a redesign of your balcony, deck or backyard can give your home the perfect, cost effective ‘facelift’ its been needing. Best of all you don’t need mounds of money or a big earth-mover truck to make a difference. Plan your area with statement designer contemporary outdoor furniture pieces, such as imported Italian ‘Hamptons Lounge’ by Roberti – this ultra durable designer sofa comes in a range of modulars, including ottomans, armchairs and coffee tables. Resistant to UV light and woven from sun-loom polyethylene fibers, this stunning designer furniture ensemble would make the perfect statement piece for your outdoor entertainment area:
- De-clutter your bedroom by investing in a bespoke contemporary wardrobe
The curse of modern life is that we all seem to accumulate things at an alarming pace! Whether its shoes, clothes, books, or even the latest iPad incarnation by Apple, sometimes the conventional contemporary wardrobe just doesn’t cut it where storage is concerned. Why not treat yourself to the latest in stunning designer furniture and invest in a completely tailor made inbuilt designer wardrobe? Our pick: Plana Hinged Doors 3 by acclaimed imported italian designer Jesse Furniture. Available in a range of elegant finishes including timber, lacquer and high gloss, this stunning modular robe system is especially designed to fit any designer bedroom space:
- Make meal time special for all the family with a new designer dining table
Busy work schedules, a plethora of after-school activities, and just sheer convenience means more and more home meals are being left by the way-side in favour of a microwave dinner in front of the television. Resolve this year to make meal time a special event that the whole family will enjoy; by investing in a stunning new designer dining table. One of Fanuli Furnitures stand out new arrivals is ‘Vero‘ designer contemporary dining table by Italian powerhouse AB Design. Uniquely constructed with sculptured legs crafted from solid American walnut, this is one designer furniture piece which will become part of your family tradition forever:
- Take the stress out of home improvement: book an appointment with an interior design professional
Home renovation is supposed to be fun! But there’s no point breaking your back and wasting your time if interior design just isn’t your thing. Deciding on the right designer furniture pieces for you home can be time consuming, exhausting and quite frankly downright difficult, especially if you’re stumped on where to start. That’s why Fanuli Furniture offers a in-home decorating service dedicated to creating your dream living design space with the help of our expert interior design staff. Interested? Learn more about Fanuli interior design services here.
Your home is not just a place to rest during down time, its also the best investment you can make in your future, so keeping it well maintained can pay dividends in years to come – regular home improvement and updates of designer furnishings are the best way to keep your home in tip top shape.
What are your top home improvement resolutions this year?
December 20, 2012 § Leave a Comment
The holiday season is upon us and with Christmas fast approaching, like most people, you’d be forgiven for indulging in a little last-minute purchase-panic! Never fear, Fanuli Furniture is here to save the day with our top designer furniture picks sure to suit even the most pickiest of designer furniture enthusiasts:
1. For the outdoorsy, adventuring person in your life – Sushi 12 designer outdoor table by Bartoli Design
Perhaps this describes your father in law, brother, or even that long lost nomad best friend returning from afar for the first Christmas in years – whoever the intended recipient, the Sushi 12 contemporary dining table is a perennial favourite among our outdoor furniture collection. Finished in aluminium with an alucompact top, this extremely durable designer dining table features laminated slats which retract and expand depending on how many guests you’ve invited to the BBQ, making it the perfect gift for those special people in your life who love to entertain!
2. For the shopaholic wife/sister/best friend – Ghost Hinged Doors contemporary wardrobe by Jesse Furniture
Is there a certain someone in your life who loves to shop, and who visibly shakes when asked to number the amount of shoes they currently own? If so, this elegant modular robe system is the perfect designer contemporary wardrobe solution to the problem! Custom-made, and available in a range of modern finishes and door options, this stunning designer contemporary wardrobe makes a perfect gift for fashion-forward individuals.
3. For the confirmed bachelor – Mobius designer coffee Table by Lucidi Pevere
Regardless of whether your buying for your best friend, brother or uncle, or even that long lost cousin you occasionally catch up with every now and then – everyone has an acquaintance whose house screams simple, minimalist chic – and what better way to show you care than by giving the gift that will both complement and enhance their current design living space. Made with your choice of black or white base, and finished in metal and glass with lacquer, this sophisticated contemporary coffee table is at the forefront of stylish imported Italian designer furniture.
4. For anyone who understands the value of a relaxing night snuggled up on the couch – ‘Feelgood’ designer contemporary sofa by Antonio Citterio
If you have a workaholic wife/husband , flatmate or sibling and are wondering what to get for the person who has everything – look no further! The aptly named ‘Feelgood’ designer contemporary sofa lounge is ultra-luxurious, elegant and of course, super comfortable! Best of all, this quality designer contemporary lounge comes as part of a collection of sofas, chairs & modular – so why stop at one? Buy the whole set to match – you’ll be in your spouses good books for years to come!
5. And lastly for the dreamers in us all – ‘Clay’ designer bedroom furniture ensemble by Jesse
After all that hard work Christmas shopping, baking dinner and then the inevitable post-Christmas feast clean up afterwards, perhaps you should think about buying yourself a present as a reward for a hard job done well! And what better designer furniture piece to help you unwind than the stunning designer bed Clay by Jesse. Elegantly crafted using a low-line structure, this impressive bed frame comes in a range of finishes including tobacco, oak, matt and saw cut matt lacquers and will have you floating on cloud 9 before you know it!
What is on your Christmas wish list this year?
November 14, 2012 § Leave a Comment
We thought it would be fun to take a look back in time at some of the most important designer furniture items to come out of the 21st century & show you how to recreate that same style within your own living design space! So without further ado, here are our picks for 5 of the most iconic furniture designs in history, and the modern day versions that can be yours for a fraction of the cost:
1. Eileen Gray contemporary side table
This contemporary side table or ‘E1027’ as it is also referred to as, was designed by an irish artist and architect called Eileen Gray who became known as a pioneer in modern designer furniture. This particular designer side table is known as one of the most iconic contemporary occasional pieces to come out of the 20th century and is notable for its practical, adjustable functionality which was built into the design following a request from Eileen’s sister so that she could eat breakfast in bed when she visited.
Love it? Own it! Our modern day version:
2. Eames contemporary lounge chair & ottoman by Charles & Ray Eames
A instant smash hit with designer furniture aficionados after its feature on the US ‘Home’ show broadcast on NBC in 1956, the iconic Eames lounge chair was then later made even more recognisable when it featured frequently in the TV sitcom Frasier. This versatile plywood contemporary designer lounge chair is comfortable, stylish and practical – and also has the noteworthy distinction of retaining the crown for being one of the most replicated home furnishings pieces in the history of designer furniture.
Love it? Own it! Our modern day version:
3. Bestlite contemporary lighting desk lamp by Robert Dudley Best
Ahead of its time, the original drafts for the design of this simple and stylish designer furniture accessory was were drawn up by Robert Dudley Best during his internship as an industrial designer in France. Remarkable for being one of the first examples of Bauhaus modern contemporary designer furniture style, the desk lamp almost didn’t make it into production except for its chance mention in a prominent architectural journal during the 1930s.
Love it? Own it! Our modern day version:
4. Noguchi designer coffee table by Isamu Noguchi
This impressive modern contemporary occasional was designed by latter day ‘jack of all trades’ Isamu Noguchi who was known not only for his designer furniture pieces, but also as an architect, sculptor and landscape designer. With a solid base carved from solid walnut and used to support its heavy glass top, this famous designer furniture icon is often described as being a ‘sculpture-for-use’ due to its unmistakeable simplicity.
Love it? Own it! Our modern day version:
5. ‘Credenza’ contemporary cabinet by Florence Knoll
Working for her husband Hans’ designer furniture company in the early 1960s, Florence Knoll is as widely known for her modesty as she is for her strong influence on the designer furniture industry. Often stating she was not a furniture designer, Knoll only drafted ideas for furnishings to complement the existing designer furniture collections in her husband’s store, despite the fact that nearly 50% of the items in the Knoll collection can be attributed to her name. The credenza contemporary cabinet was originally manufactured with a marble topped rectangular case and metal frame. Upholstered mainly in black, brown and beige, Knolls intention was to let the vibrant colour palette to remain the key focus in living design spaces.
Love it? Own it! Our modern day version:
Whether your home is bursting at the seams with the latest designer furniture accessories – or even if you’re more likely the type who saves up all year round to invest in a few key signature showcase pieces – furniture is a part of everyone’s daily life, and its always interesting to reflect back on the designer furniture items that shaped the landscape of modern interior design. What are your favourite designer furniture items both old and new?
September 24, 2012 § Leave a Comment
Regardless of whether you are in the market for a show stopping designer bedroom furniture piece, contemporary dining chairs, or some other elegant designer furniture ensemble, below are our top tips you should always take into consideration so as to avoid making a mistake when purchasing your next designer furniture item:
1. Getting fooled into buying a cheaper item over a quality designer furniture piece: The general rule of thumb when it comes to furniture (unfortunately), is often that the cheaper it comes for, the cheaper it was to make, and in the long run, you’ll often save yourself time and money if you invest in quality, well-made designer furniture items which are durable and hard wearing that will stand the test of time, over cheap imported imitations.
2. Forgetting to measure the space your designer furniture item will need to fit into: You won’t believe how many people walk through our designer furniture store Sydney who underestimate (or even worse – OVERestimate) the space they have for their new designer sofa or designer bed frame. If in doubt, triple check your measurements – and where possible, always try to buy custom design made-to-measure items.
3. Neglecting to take into consideration lighting: Both natural and contemporary designer lighting can make a huge difference to the ambiance and overall look and feel of your new interior design space – it helps to take photos of the space during the daytime as well as during the night, and if in doubt, always remember that more light is always better than less!
4. Choosing designer furniture without considering whether the materials it’s made in, will fit with with your lifestyle: What does lifestyle have to do with designer furniture you ask? Anything and everything! For instance, you might be eyeing off a sleek, contemporary designer sofa in bold brilliant white suede – but what if you have a toddler who’s just made it to the terrible two’s and has a nasty habit of spilling bright red tomato sauce on your upholstery! Match your designer furniture choices to your life stage and you’ll never go wrong (plus, you’ll probably save yourself a fortune in cleaning products alone!).
5. Overlooking the comfort factor: No matter how stylish your imported designer sofa may be, there’s no point in buying something if you can’t even sit on it for extended periods of time! The good news is, by limiting your choices to quality Italian and imported designer furniture, you can always be sure of both style and comfort where materials and finishings are concerned.
6. Not aligning your paint scheme with your designer furniture color palette: Whilst that purple polka dotted retro kitsch funky designer lamp might seem like the perfect choice to complete your designer bedroom furniture ensemble, often the best thing to do is to err on the side of caution, and if you do love bold designer statement pieces, make sure you accompany them with other designer furniture accessories in neutral hues.
7. Ignoring your storage requirements: in an age where designer living space is getting smaller and smaller as our property market shrinks (quite literally!), investing in designer furniture pieces which double as stunning showcase décor as well as practical storage solutions can be the coup d’état in your interior design arsenal
Beautifully made, hand crafted Italian designer furniture is the perfect investment for your home – not only are these stylish, bespoke items cleverly planned and created using the latest in environmentally friendly and aesthetically pleasing materials, designer furniture décor is also renowned for its durability and longevity of design, often becoming the staples of home décor for many years to come.
August 5, 2012 § 1 Comment
With more and more of Australia’s working population opting to work from home rather than braving the morning telecommuter crush, it’s no wonder home office designer furniture and accessories are growing in popularity. A well-furnished home office needs to be comfortable, functional and designed to suit your interior design tastes; whether they be more suited to classic or contemporary styles.
From modern furniture cabinets, to classic Italian furniture designer desks, down to your choice of contemporary design lighting to accentuate your place of work, the below are our hints on how to equip your home office with the best pieces:
- Consider how much space you have: A common mistake to make is to under-estimate how much room you have in your designated area for your home office. Make sure you measure the space you have allocated, and when visiting designer furniture stores to buy your home furnishings, don’t be afraid to ask about measurements of the designer furniture you have your eye on. Cramped for space? check out the ‘Sushi 3’ by Bartoli design which comes in a range of modern colors, and is the perfect compact work station for home offices on the smaller side.
- Decide on your color palette: The color palette you choose will ultimately impact the direction your home office furnishings will be styled in, and will also determine the type of environment you want your home office to be. For example, if you are looking for a calming, stress-free vibe you may want to choose blues and greens for serenity. Perhaps you want to get the creative juices flowing – try reds or purples for vitality. Or perhaps you’d like to err on the side of neutrality and pick natural tones for your paint palette, but make a statement with designer furniture pieces in vibrant bold colors to break up the space like ‘Plate on Castors’ by Luca Nichetto below:
- Take your time choosing the perfect designer desk: Arguably the most important designer furniture piece to decide on, your designer desk needs to be big enough to store all your work equipment, and at the same time suit the décor of your room without dominating the main space areas. Our top picks for designer desks include:
Or for the more traditional interior connoisseur, whose tastes range more along the classic designer furniture aesthetic; check out the CG40-A which is an original Fanuli designer furniture store Sydney piece:
- Don’t forget your home interior lighting: An often overlooked aspect of home offices, your lighting choices (whether they stray to contemporary design lighting or the more classic Italian furniture lampshades!), are extremely important not only for the visual quality of your home office, but also in terms of your working environment and how comfortable you will feel when using the room. Choose floor-standing lamps which direct a lot of light to your designer desk, or wall-pendant version. Our pick? Check out ‘Gilda & Baby Gilda’ by Italian designer furniture specialist Enrico Franzolini:
No matter how much space & natural light your home office space has, or the designer furniture accessories you decide on, always stay true to your own sense of style. Choose designer furniture that reflects your own eclectic or classic tastes, and furnishings that are built to last. Ultimately, your home office will be an area of your home which is much-used, so take your time in purchasing quality designer furniture which you will be happy with in years to come.
What are your top tips on home office designer furniture? What are your favorite designer furniture pieces from the above?
June 12, 2012 § Leave a Comment
Have you just purchased your very first piece of imported Italian furniture? Or perhaps you are an accomplished stylish designer furniture enthusiast with a flair for renovation and plenty of home improvement projects under your belt? Either way, you’ve probably at some stage had a question about designer furniture you would have loved to ask an expert! That’s where Fanuli comes in – this article is all about the most frequent questions we get asked about our beautiful range of classic and contemporary designer furniture when customers come and visit us in our furniture store Sydney.
- How can I care for my quality timber dining room table?
Since wooden designer furniture products contain a relatively high amount of water, it’s important to know the basics of caring for your dining room table. Try to minimise its proximity to any sources of heat, do not expose to direct sunlight and when cleaning, opt for thick, dry cloths made of silken materials to polish and remove stains with.
- What is eco-friendly designer furniture?
When renovating, you want to invest in the best designer furniture products which have been created without harming the earth. ‘Eco-friendly’ designer furniture describes any designer furniture pieces which are made of recycled or renewable materials, that have been manufactured using the least amount of energy, and are free of any carcinogens or toxins.
- How can I protect my contemporary leather sofa from wear and tear?
Contemporary leather sofas are not only visually stunning, but they also provide a comfortable centrepiece to any living space, and when you are buying quality imported Italian designer furniture, you want to make sure you protect it from every-day life. Clean and condition your leather every 4 to 6 months with ph.-balanced cleaning products, apply leather conditioning cream and then use a buffer to polish.
- What is the best type of fabric to upholster contemporary dining chairs with?
Put simply, any type of thick-weave material can be used to upholster your contemporary dining chairs with – whether it be nylon, polyester or blends. That said, a hot trend of 2012 is contemporary dining chairs made from alternate materials such as polished aluminium and polyurethane. Not only will you never need to invest in getting your dining room furniture reupholstered again, but you will also have the added benefit of its lightweight design and easy clean surface!
- How can I choose a colour palette for my designer bedroom furniture?
Since your bedroom is often the place you spend the most time in when at home, it’s important to pick out a colour palette which you will be happy with no matter what the season. Firstly, decide on what you want your overall theme to be, and make sure you consider the space (is it small or large?), the designer furniture (if you have existing products which will complement the chosen palette) and any special requirements you have. If in doubt – go neutral!
So there you have it – just a few of our regularly asked questions on designer furniture and contemporary living. What have you always wanted to know about imported Italian designer furniture?
June 4, 2012 § 2 Comments
For many designer furniture lovers, home decorating isn’t just a hobby – it’s a full blown passion! Australian’s spend more money on key interior design pieces like dining chairs, contemporary bedroom furniture and unique lighting features than on any other home purchase.
- In medieval times, furniture was scarce (let alone the types of stylish Italian furniture we import today!), in fact, it was commonplace to move furniture from room to room. The only buildings to house “designer furniture” at all was churches – and the types of chairs and classic wardrobes found there were often huge, immovable and purposely made to be uncomfortable.
- The most expensive English designer furniture antique to be sold in an auction is ‘The Harrington Commode’ – a classic designer furniture cabinet said to belong to furniture designer Thomas Chippendale and around 240 years old. It sold for almost $6,000,000 Australian dollars! What do you think? Would you pay that much for it?
- A popular trait in classic designer furniture leather chairs is the row of metal tacks used to hold down upholstery – this is an official trim technique known as ‘nail head trim’; and the tacks are usually round-headed and highly decorative.
- The ‘Wassily’ chair, designed by Marcel Breuer is one of the most famous modern designer furniture icons – considered revolutionary for its early use of non-timber materials; this contemporary dining chair was made from bent tubular steel and canvas.
- Have you been searching for the perfect chair to complement your modern office furniture? Spare a thought for the humble office chair, whose earliest beginnings is said to have begun with Charles Darwin (yes, the same man who is known for his evolution theory!), adding wheels to his personal lab chair so he could get to his specimens more quickly.
Do you have an interesting trivia fact about designer furniture that you know? Or perhaps you have always wanted to know the answer to something about interior design or your latest home decoration project? Stay tuned, as next week we will bring you Fanuli’s expert guide to frequently asked questions about designer furniture.
May 7, 2012 § 1 Comment
Fanuli Special Report Series: Milan Furniture Fair 2012
Your sneak peek at this seasons hot new designer furniture trends
This is the second article in our 4-part special series based on our recent trip to the 2012 Milan Furniture Fair. In our first article we highlighted the hot trends in colour, texture and fixtures featured at this year’s exhibition.
As usual, the event attracted large crowds and designer furniture displays were at their customary high standards. Many quality seekers were asking in particular for “Made in Italy” craftsmanship, with an emphasis on value for money and accessible designer furniture pieces to suit all budgets. Here are our top designer furniture picks to incorporate into your next interior design home project:
Soft, elegant and natural looks were abundant. Highlights included:
- Upholstered beds in fabric and leather with contrast stitching added a unique twist to the traditional
- Lacquers in natural tones were complimented with tobacco timber bedside drawers
- Natural oak, saw cut lacquer & soft satin lacquer combined with natural linens to create sophisticated, subtle contrast
The strong trend here saw raw materials mixed with metals and timbers. In particular:
- Natural timbers like American walnut, natural oak, Tobacco oak & Beech
- Acid glass combined with coloured lacquers
- Scandinavian influences
- New materials such as cement and paper stone
- Polypropylene dining chairs with timber legs
Sectional modern sofa bed options featured relaxed and comfortable looks with relaxed foam and feather fills. Features included:
- Square arms and soft cushions using natural linens & loose covers.
- Contrast stitching on sofas and scatter cushions.
- Smart new allergy-free fillings made from corn, soft and resilient.
TV Wall Cabinets with angled floor-standing, sculptural bookcases combined natural timbers and highlight lacquers. Watch out for:
- Off the floor, floating units
- Tobacco, walnut & satin lacquers
- Mid tone timbers with great character
This year’s exhibitors emphasised indoor/outdoor fusion using renewable, eco-friendly materials including:
- Aluminium, cement & paper stone for sleek and minimal interiors
- Space saving & versatile options
What is your next home interior design project? What designer furniture pieces do you plan to buy this year?
Don’t forget to check out the 3rd & 4th articles in our 4-part series on the 2012 Milan Furniture Fair. In our next article we take a closer look at one our imported Italian furniture partner Kristalia.